Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Long Distance: A Countdown

1 year, 2 months, and 16 days ago the most amazing man of my life asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. In the moment I had no idea that this would be the most life changing decision of my life in so many more ways than one. In all honesty I haven't even once in my life considered loving someone in the way you see in the movies and books. I never thought one man could make me feel this way and of course this revelation hit me at the worst time possible. After knowing him for 3 years and falling in love with him more than I had ever know was possible he took me on what I thought was a simple walk through the park. I hadn't told him I loved him at this point and I thought this would be when he would tell me those 3 words. 

Here I am in love with this man and waiting for him to tell me what I already know he must feel also. The news I got was so different I couldn't help but sob he kissed me and told me he might have to move with his family 450 miles away and here I just admitted to myself for the first time I loved someone. A year later he was still here and I was so happy I never thought I could feel this way. Well I guess sometimes fate (if you believe in it) has other ideas. Sure enough on the 20th of December he moved 448 miles from me. I know your tired of hearing the love story so here is my first post!

Long Distance: A Countdown

The saying is so common it hurts honestly "distance makes the heart grow fonder" sorry for all the readers out there but I am calling BULLSHIT! 3 weeks into this whole distance I really want to just cry all the time and I have never wanted to just be held by him so bad. So I have taken up some classic Pinterest activities under the "long distance" activities. Here are my top 4 ways to countdown the day till I see my love again.

1. A kiss a day. Its a great way to have not only a little sweet treat but also be excited when there are less and less in the jar! 

2. Photograph your life. Take pictures of the little things its what he loves the most, take pictures of funny things you see even the beautiful things. He wants to see them trust me and it will make you and him happy. Something silly or something you know he might miss about you maybe two of his favorite things. For example here's me and a puppy (his two favorite things)!!

3.Write a letter. Trust me guys your man loves reading your letters. They are personal and sometimes there are even extras you can add. Maybe you slip in one of the pictures you took of your day to day activities, spray your perfume on it, or add a kiss with some lipstick on. Personally mine saves them all, every little note. 

4. Talk on the phone!!!! We talk to each other once a day everyday it helps even if its the same "what did you do today? how are you?" The little things always count and hearing his voice makes me happy and him hearing my voice makes him happy.

x Be Blonde Be Beautiful x

1 comment: