Thursday, January 15, 2015

Change and Chaos

It happens all the time you look at your room and it hits, that thought of "THERE IS SOMETHING I CAN DO TO MAKE IT BETTER!" It hits me once every maybe 3 or 4 months one minute I'm sitting on my bed on Pinterest and the next I am scouring the planet for supplies of the ridiculous sort. So almost 2 months ago I change everything, of course! I hang a huge mirror get all those sparkly lights to hang everywhere (like all the pictures) and get rid of everything practical so that its like a catalog. I feel great about it...until 2 weeks go by and I realize "why am i squinting? why is everything on the floor? where did I put what was on the bookcase that held everything and I got rid of cause it was taking up all the room?"

Here I am 2 months later ripping out my hair and stepping over everything that was on my bookcases! HOW DID I DO THIS TO MYSELF?! WHY DID I DO THIS TO MYSELF?! So now I walk around passive aggressively avoiding all the crap on my floor and honestly crying to myself on the inside. So here is some advice from me too you; PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! Draw it out if you have to. But most importantly remember my #1 rule.

#1 Rule: Everything in your room needs to have a spot. Do not, absolutely do not get rid of things that hold possessions without having a new spot for them already planned.

Here's why....

What might have been in a place before will now end up on the floor then before you know it it will be covered by clothes and misc. and end up looking like this.

Plan first, even if it means drawing a rough floor plan with graph paper. Clean, make sure everything is put away and if you move stuff vacuum. This helps transferring all your items and making sure you have a home for everything before you do the final big moves. Finalize, I cannot make this clear enough! Once you have started you DO NOT STOP! If you stop in the middle of the big things it will never get finished. Push on through and finish that move as soon as possible and put all your things in their places. Then celebrate with a nice cup of tea!

x Be Blonde Be Beautiful x

No comments:

Post a Comment